OSI Group, LLC is a private corporation of meat processors whose main operation is based in the food industry. It services food industries with products such as bacon, breakfastsausage, hot dogs, cooked beef and cooked beef, pizza and dough-based products. Sandwich assembly and smoked products.
OSI Group was founded 60 years ago in Aurora, Illinois, USA with the aim of processing and supplying value-added protein items among other food products. The group has since grown into a global venture with a 6.1 billion annual revenue turnover.
OSI Group has established locations in 17 countries and owns over 50 facilities. Its number of employees stands at 20,000. Sheldon Lavin is the current chairman and CEO of OSI Group, LLC. Its main headquarters is in Aurora. The group’s main customers comprise of retail brands and businesses in the food service industry.
OSI Group, LLC attributes its success in the food industry to:
- Its acquisition of other food companies, such as Baho Food, a company that operates in Germany and Netherlands, thus strengthening its hold in the food industry.
- Having an outstanding relationship with its suppliers and customers. Despite being a global venture, it takes the time to analyze and understand the local needs of its customers in various supply locations; by investing in local management teams. OSI has won the commitment and loyalty of its suppliers, customers, and partners by providing them with a sense of belonging; they can easily relate to its products.
- Its strength in sourcing for raw materials.
- It sets and observes strict standards during the production and product commercialization processes
- Its vast international network enables its partners, suppliers and customers easily access its products and services reducing costs incurred thus widening the profit margin.
- Great leadership from its previous and current CEO’s who have over the years steered the group in the right direction by focusing on the best growth techniques.
Recently OSI launched the opening of several plants globally which include: a feed mill with a capacity of 600,000 metric tons in Shandong, China, a beef processing plant located in Poland and a large cold storage area in one of its facilities at Babolna, Hungary.
One of its major future plans is to expand its presence in China further. According to MC Donald, President of OSI Group, China is one of the most promising countries regarding revenue. This is due to factors such as its economy and population; China has a rapidly growing population which means the customer base keeps widening. Also lately, China’s economy has been looking up which spells good news for companies operating in it.
MC Donald says that their appetite for growth is simply insatiable hence more is yet to come.